Important Shipping Update for MLK Day
As we approach the festive week of MLK Day, we want to ensure that your order reach you timely and without any hiccups. To navigate this bustling period efficiently, we're updating our shipping policy for orders expected to take 4 days in transit.
For This Week Only: 3 Day Select Shipping on All Applicable Orders
To accommodate the shorter shipping days during the week leading up to New Year's, we are offering a discounted 3-Day Select Shipping option for orders that typically take 3-4 days in transit.
What This Means for You:
- Faster Delivery: Your order will now arrive quicker, ensuring you have everything you need before New Year’s.
- Reliability: This change minimizes the risk of delays caused by the holiday rush.
- Peace of Mind: Rest easy knowing your orders are prioritized during this busy time.
We understand that this might be a change from your usual shipping choice, but we believe it's a necessary option to provide you with the best service possible during this time. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us make this holiday season smooth and enjoyable for everyone.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in us.
Shipping and handling fees can vary due to shipping location, packing requirements (for longer-in-transit orders), and weight variations between orders. If your order is $119+, shipping is free!
If your order is less than $119, you can determine the shipping and handling fees of your order when you're in the Cart by clicking "Estimate Shipping" that is above the Checkout button. Keep in mind if your order is under $119 you can get free shipping by adding just enough to get to $119.
When Your Tamales Are Shipped
Our designated shipping days are Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays.
Special Request Ship Dates: If you'd like to order now and specify a ship date prior to any Holiday or Special Occasion, you can indicate that when you’re in the Cart, in the Date Picker area below the Checkout button.
With standard shipping orders, we cannot guarantee specific delivery dates, however, we do our best to meet deadlines whenever possible.
2024 Season Deadlines
How Your Tamales Are Shipped
Standard Shipping: Typically takes 1-4 days to arrive after shipping. Processing usually happens within 1 business day. If your order is placed too late to ship due to a longer transit time, it will be shipped the following week. For instance, 3- or 4-day-in-transit orders that come in after Tuesday’s deadline ship the following Monday.
Expedited Shipping: Generally arrives 1-2 days after shipping. Processing time is usually 1 day. If your order is placed after Wednesday’s deadline, it will be shipped the following week.
Rush Shipping: Usually takes 1 day to arrive after shipping. Processing is usually 1 day, unless ordered after Thursday’s deadline.
- Orders can take 1-7 days to process based on shipping location and what day the order is placed.
- Once your order is given to the courier, it should take 1-4 business days to arrive.
- Expect a shipping notification with tracking details sent to your email. Check Spam/Junk folders as well.
- Standard and Expedited orders are processed and shipped Monday through Wednesday.
- Rush orders or special request shipments can be sent on Thursday.
- During the Holiday Season, orders are packed and shipped daily, sometimes throughout the week and weekend.
- Orders sometimes arrive on Saturday or Sunday.
How Your Tamales Are Packed
Your tamales will be packed in a thick-sided Recyclable EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) cooler and Techni-ICE Dry Ice Packs and dry ice to keep them cold (often frozen) , so they won't spoil during transit. Make sure to place your tamales in the freezer or refrigerator as soon as you receive them.
Your order will come in packs of up to 6 tamales per vacuum-sealed bag, and will stay fresh for at least 3 weeks in the refrigerator, and at least 12 months in the freezer.
Nitty Gritty Details
Standard Shipping Orders going to the following states are shipped on Monday only: AZ, CA, FL, GA, NV, and NY. This is due to recent courier delivery delays.
Standard Shipping Orders, we ship those that are 3 days in transit on Monday or Tuesday, those that are 2 days in transit we typically ship on Monday - Wednesday, and those that are 1 days in transit, we typically ship on Tuesday-Thursday.
Using the Date Picker
ATTENTION: This is a suggested date only. We do not guarantee specified delivery dates. To avoid unnecessary delays and communication, please provide this date only if absolutely necessary. We will do our very best to meet your suggested date, but time restrictions due to delivery time in transit, and the seasonal holiday rush may not allow us to fulfill your request. It is your responsibility to track packages once we forward tracking information. Please double-check that your Ship-to address and email address is correct, so we can send tracking information. Keep in mind that there's a time limitation because we are shipping you perishables, so it is very important that you monitor your shipment’s tracking notifications. When you receive your Order Confirmation email, make sure to read the additional information on Shipping Information & Deadlines.
TIPS: If for any reason you will not be available to receive a package once it has been shipped, here are some options:
- Notify neighbors, friends, or family to retrieve the package. (You can share the tracking link with them.)
- Use the link found on your Order Confirmation email, or call UPS to hold for pickup at the hub or nearby UPS drop-off locations.
- You can contact us and we will try to assist you in rerouting the package. (There will be an additional charge from the courier for this service.)
- You can manage the package yourself by signing up for the UPS My Choice Service. (See your Order Confirmation email for the tracking link.)
Please contact us if you have any special requests. Our phone number is (888) 825-4113, and our email is Sales@TexasLoneStarTamales.com.